Friday, January 27, 2012

He Finally came and accepted Him


Last Sunday, my bestfriend came to me almost in tears and shared to me that her father finally accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior. I find myself rejoicing with her and even almost crying with her as she broke to me the good news and I understand myself reacting that way. I was one of the people who closely witnessed how she cried for her family. How she welcomed persecution and even condemnation believing and holding on to her faith that someday will be a season of reaping for her. After seven years of faithful and honest prayers, the Lord finally granted the deepest prayer of her heart - that he will acknowledge and accept Him as his personal Savior.
I like what our Senior pastor once mentioned, that the problem with us people, most of the time is we don't give God the benefit of time to fulfill his will for us. I'm very proud to say however that my bestfriend was one of the exceptions. She waited patiently and faithfully.

On a personal note, part of me was also saddened because I can never do that to my dad anymore. Before papa died, I know He has God in her heart and I'm confident with that. But it's a different thing sharing to him personally your faith, admitting to him your weaknesses and emphasizing the grace of God towards you. Being used by God especially for people close to you is one of the biggest achievement if not the greatest achievement.
This year, I'll do my best to intentionally impact and pray for the people close to my heart that they too will come and share with me my faith in Jesus Christ.


They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."


(Acts 16:31 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment