Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Year is All About...

I am inspired to hear friends and churchmates sharing their "this year theme" which makes me wanna have my own also. It's not just for the sake of copying them, but I guess I understand fully why they want to have it. First, it helps you become a more focus person. I remember one sermon of Pastor Craig Groeschelle when he said this:
"Everybody ends up somewhere but few people ends up somewhere with a purpose"

As for me, I wanna make this year really rockin for God because a year is so precious to waste. I've already spent 23 years of my God-given life and I wanna have a blast for the next 23 years ahead.

Second, It'll be a constant reminder and an inspiration. Everytime we feel bad, remember the word, everytime we wanna give up, remember the word, everytime we're loosing hope, just remember the word.

Saying this, I would like to share to you my theme for this year and the simple word is this: INTENTIONAL. Looking back, I realized that I am not an intentional person. Funny but I'm like Snoopy, who just hit and hit and shoot and shoot somewhere and later on will put a target mark in my arrows. Very bad.

This year, I'll be intentional in my prayers, in my devotions, in my discipleship, in my being a sister, being a daughter, being a cousin, being a friend and being God's disciple.

How about you? Isn't it great to have something to hold on to?

Isaiah 54:
2 “Enlarge the place of your tent,
stretch your tent curtains wide,
do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes.
3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left;
your descendants will dispossess nations
and settle in their desolate cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment